Safety & Security Committee
Developing and implementing emergency plans, consistent with the district multi-hazard emergency operations plan, to ensure that specific campus, facility, and support service needs are addressed.
- Periodically providing recommendations to the Board and Superintendent regarding updating the district multi-hazard emergency operations plan, in accordance with established best practices.
- Providing the district with any campus, facility, or support services information required in connection with safety and security audits or other reports.
- Reviewing each report required to be submitted by the district to the Texas School Safety Center to ensure that the report contains accurate and complete information regarding each campus, facility, and support services in accordance with established criteria.
- Consulting with local law enforcement agencies on methods to increase law enforcement presence near district campuses.
The committee, to the greatest extent practicable, must include: (CK Legal)
- One or more representatives of an office of emergency management of a county or city in which the district is located;
- One or more representatives of the local police department or sheriff's office;
- One or more representatives of the district's police department, if applicable;
- The president of the board;
- A member of the board other than the president;
- The superintendent;
- One or more designees of the superintendent, one of whom must be a classroom teacher in the district;
- If the district partners with an open-enrollment charter school to provide instruction to students, a member of the open-enrollment charter school's governing body or a designee of the governing body; and
- Two parents or guardians of students enrolled in the district.
Safety and Security Meeting Agendas (2023-2024)
Safety and Security Meeting Agendas (2022-2023)
Safety and Security Meeting Agendas (2021-2022)
Safety and Security Meeting Agendas (2020-2021)
Safety and Security 2023-2024 Meetings
Monday, September 11, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. in the NISD Board Room
Monday, April 29, 2024, at 6:00 p.m. in the NISD Board Room
Monday, July 29, 2024, at 6:00 p.m. in the NISD Board Room