School Health Advisory Committee
The majority of SHAC members must be parents of students enrolled at Navasota ISD and who are not employed by the District.
1. The number of hours of instruction to be provided in health education;
2. Curriculum appropriate for specific grade levels designed to prevent obesity, cardiovascular
disease, Type II diabetes through coordination of health education, physical education, and
physical activity, nutrition services, parental involvement, and instruction to prevent the use
3. Appropriate grade levels and methods of instruction for human sexuality instruction; and
4. Strategies for integrating the curriculum components specified by item 2, above, with the
following elements in a coordinated school health program:
a. School health services;
b. Counseling and guidance services;
c. A safe and healthy school environment; and
d. Employee wellness.
- District policies ensure that elementary and middle school students engage in the amount and level of physical activity required by Education Code 28.002(l).
- The School Health Advisory Council met four times via Zoom during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Navasota ISD complies with Texas Education Agency's vending machine and food service guidelines for restricting student access to vending machines.
- Navasota ISD has adopted and enforces policies that prescribe penalties for the use of e-cigarettes and tobacco products by students and others on school campuses or at school-sponsored events.
- Parents may request in writing their child's physical fitness assessment results at the end of the school year.
For more information on SHAC, please visit the Texas Department of State Health Services website by clicking HERE.
- October 7, 2021, at 5:30 pm in the Navasota ISD Board room & via zoom at
- November 29, 2021, at 5:30 pm in the Navasota ISD Board room & via zoom
- February 28, 2022, at 5:30 pm in the Navasota ISD Board room & via zoom
- April 4, 2022, at 5:30 pm in the Navasota ISD Board room & via zoom
SHAC Annual Report to the NISD Board of Trustees
Navasota ISD SHAC's Mission, Vision, and Goal
2021-2022 School Year Files
2020-2021 School Year Files
2019-2020 School Year Files
2018-2019 School Year Files
2016-2017 School Year Files
Navasota ISD Worth the Wait Curriculum