Mental Health and Substance Abuse Prevention
Best Practice Resources for Schools
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices
- Texas Department of State Health Services Public Schools Best Practice-Based Resources
- Building Skills Related to Managing Emotions, Establishing and Maintaining Positive Relationships, and Responsible Decision-Making
- Early Mental Health Prevention and Intervention
- Grief-Informed and Trauma-Informed Practices
- Positive Youth Development
- Safe, Supportive, and Positive School Climates
- Substance Abuse Prevention and Intervention
- Educator Preparation Programs (EPP) Resources
Local Mental Health Authorities
Community mental health centers also referred to as Local Mental Health Authorities provide services to a specific geographic area of the state, called the local service area. DSHS requires each authority to plan, develop policy, coordinate, and allocate and develop resources for mental health services in the local service area.
To find mental health services in your area, please refer to the listing at http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/mhsa/lmha-list/ or search for the referral line phone number of your Local Mental Health Authority using the online mental health services search form.
You may call the referral line of the LMHA in your area for confidential help 24 hours a day, seven days a week.