***Steps 1-5 MUST be completed before moving forward in the process.***
Steps to the Application Process, please read carefully, all steps MUST be completed to move forward in the process:
1. Apply online (click here to apply)
2. Complete and submit the online substitute application
3. Please include a valid email address and contact number, as this will be our way of contacting you
Please allow 24-48 hours for a response from EduHero.
5. Upon getting access, you will need to create a free account and complete the following 5 courses within 2 weeks of creating the account:
FERPA and PPRA for Schools
Preparing for an Active Shooter
Managing Students with Food Allergies
Title IX in Schools
You must score a 70 or higher.
7. Once you have completed training, contact Rebecca Munoz at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin your fingerprint process. These are run on Thursdays only and results sometimes take 24-48 hours.
8. If the DPS/TEA requires you to provide fingerprints, we will email you the information.
The fingerprinting agency charges approximately $50 for the appointment, which you are responsible for.
You must complete the fingerprint requirements to continue your application for employment.
Once your fingerprint results are clear, you will receive an email from our office inviting you to fill out your payroll paperwork.
List of documents you must bring when completing payroll paperwork:
Documents: Valid driver’s license or Texas Identification Card (a copy will be made)
Social Security Number (a copy will be made)
A voided check or savings account information for direct deposit of your future paychecks
Educational documentation for classroom substitutes
*GED, HS Transcript, College Transcript
If you are a certified teacher: proof of certification
Upon completion of the above and fingerprint clearance, we will contact you for Will Sub Training
Substitute Salary Scale (updated 1/27/2021)
- High School/GED Graduate/Associates Degree $80.00 per day
- College Degree (Bachelor or higher Graduate) $90.00 per day
- Certified Teacher/Holding current Texas Educator Certificate $100.00 per day
- Long Term Substitute: only applies to a Certified Teacher that is holding a current Texas Educator Certificate and is substituting for an employee that is on FMLA or Extended leave
- First 10 days $100.00 per day
- After 10 days $130.00 per day
- Food Service: High School/GED Graduate/Associates Degree $75.00 per day
Director of Personnel and Administrative Services
Derek Bowman705 E. Washington Ave.
Navasota, Texas 77868
Navasota, Texas 77868
HR Administrative Assistant
Substitute Employee Information